from 32.500 isk/person (if 4 people in car)
April-October: 8 am
November-March: 9 am
November-March: 9 am
If you are a fan of Game of Thrones, you probably already know many scenes have been filmed in Iceland. This Private Game of Thrones Tour will guide on the footsteps of some of our favorite characters, discovering some of Game of Thrones’ filming locations in Iceland.
As we travel through the South Coast of Iceland, our guide will give an introduction to Iceland’s role in the filming of Game of Thrones.
You will meet the beautiful Icelandic horses at Laxnes horse farm, as most of the horses used in Game of Thrones came from this farm, including the Hound’s horse, which can sometimes be seen wandering around the fields. You will learn all about the unique Icelandic horse and you will have time to take fantastic pictures with these beautiful animals.
We will then continue to Thorufoss, Þórufoss in Icelandic, a stunning waterfall that features in Game of Thrones when Drogon, one of Daenerys Targaryens’ dragons, attacks and devours a goat.
Our tour through Westeros will then continue to Thingvellir National Park, set for several scenes in Game of Thrones, including the Bloody Gate, the passage to the Eyrie takes by Sansa Stark, then the Hound and Arya Stark. Thingvellir, site of the Viking parliament, is one of Iceland’s most popular attractions, where the European and the North American tectonic plates drifting apart create beautiful gorges and canyons.
The journey will continue to Stöng, with a replica of old Viking houses. This is Ollys village in Game of Thrones, massacred by Wildlings and the Thens. Next destination (depending on the season and weather conditions) will be the fantastic Thjorsárdalur valley, where several GoT scenes were filmed. We will visit Hjálparfoss, the breathtaking Háifoss and Gjáin Valley, a magical place where Arya Stark practices and is schooled by the Hound. The road to Gjáin is bumpy and only accessible during the summer months but the views of this valley with waterfalls, canyons, and lava formations are just spectacular, whether you are a GoT fan or not.
We will then slowly make our way back to Reykjavik.
We will, of course, make a lunch break during the day and plenty of convenience stops.
– It is also possible to add a Private Professional Photographer to your Tour. The photographer will accompany you during the whole tour and capture amazing and beautiful memories of your stay in Iceland. For more information please send us an email at [email protected]
Private Tour in Modified Jeep for 1 – 4 people: 130.000 kr.
On this private tour, you are booking a whole car that accommodates up to 4 passengers.
For larger groups please contact us on [email protected]
- Laxnes horse farm
- Thorufoss (Þórufoss Waterfall)
- Thingvellir National Park
- Stöng Viking houses
- Hjálparfoss and Háifoss Waterfalls
- Thjorsardalur Valley
- pick-up and drop-off from accommodation in Reykjavik
- transport by comfortable 4×4 jeep
- entrance to Laxness farm
- complimentary coffee, tea, and water
- English speaking guide
- free Wi-fi in the car
- The tour itinerary can change according to weather conditions. We care about your safety so this tour needs to be flexible
- During the winter months, daylight hours are limited in Iceland.
Some of the sites might be visited in dusk or darkness, or even skipped. We always do all we can to avoid this but ask for your understanding should this happen.
what to bring
- warm & waterproof clothes
- comfortable shoes